Saturday 17 November 2012

Final Reflection


First of all I would like to thank the team which included a communication module as a core module for Computer Engineering. I chose ES2007S and this module has been an amazing and excellent learning experience for me. I had learnt various things that were involved in exchange of ideas both written (through blogs) and oral communication. Also, I feel that the module did not stop at just teaching us effective communication, but taught various other skills needed to excel in life.

I started to write blogs and comments only after this module. As a beginner, I had difficulty in expressing myself in words and took a long time to write a blog/comment on others’ blog. But now at the end of the semester, I realize that I am able to express myself more easily and in a spontaneous manner.

During my high school days, I remember my teachers talking about eye contact, gestures to be used in conversations, but we never experimented them personally. This module gave me the opportunity to practice what I learnt. As a result, I think I am more confident in presenting than what I was before. Also, I felt that all the opportunities that we were given to speak had dual impact - made us better communicators and at the same time helped us  to learn various other soft skills(like answering interviews, listening, etc ). For e.g. I did my dry run on listening skills and the research that I did on the topic helped me to understand the skill very well.

The proposal writing is something new for me. It taught me how to organise ideas and write it in a convincing manner. Further, the usage of Google docs to write the entire proposal, without meeting each other physically was a new experience which I had gained from the module. Thanks to my teammates; I learnt a lot from this experience.    

On the whole, the module exposed me to various new concepts like generation gap etc. and also helped me to understand the areas where I am good and the areas I need to improve further. I believe that this self realisation is something very crucial to develop. I would like to thank the lecturer Dr Radhika and all other friends who helped me understand this and made this module an enjoyable learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the way writing blogs regularly improved my writing skills. Though, the teachers in my high school and my parents emphasised a lot on the importnace of written communication, its only now that I truly understand what they meant. And this module gave us a very good opportunity to practice writing. I won't deny that it seemed like a lot of work in the beginning but I'm glad that I did it :)

    ReplyDelete